Right to access
If you have chosen to have an account then you can access the personal information we hold about you via your account to obtain a copy of it and to correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate. You can also close your Account at any time.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete information to your account and keep it up to date.
Residents of the EEA and Canada:
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or Canada and wish to obtain a copy of personal information that we hold about you or request that the personal information that we hold about you be corrected, please contact us at the address found in the "Contact Us" section below. This may include information like transaction information (e.g., dates on which you made purchases, amounts and types of purchases) or contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we maintain about you. Before responding to your request, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide further details about your request.
Residents of the EEA:
In addition, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area you can also object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at the address found in the "Contact Us" section below.
We will endeavour to respond to requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights within an appropriate timeframe and, in any event, in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please note that if you make a request to access your personal information we may charge you a fee where permitted and subject to a maximum specified by applicable law.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority (contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available on the European Commission website here
How to opt in or opt out of direct marketing
We, and selected third parties, may use the information you give us on our Websites for direct marketing purposes to provide updates, newsletters, events or other communications that we think may interest you. Where required by law, your prior consent will be obtained before sending direct marketing. In any event, we will offer you the option to unsubscribe in every communication sent.
Alternatively, you may at any time ask us to remove you from any mailing list on which you previously asked us to include you by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you are a California resident, California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please send us an email at email@example.com
California Privacy Notice
LAST UPDATED DECEMBER 17, 2019
I. What is Personal Information and what Personal Information do we collect?
When we use the term Personal Information throughout this Notice, we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Over the past 12 months, categories of Personal Information we have collected and their sources include:
• Identifiers, such as your name, email address, telephone number, as well as your unique username and password in relation to your online account with us (if you have one). We collect this information directly from you. We also collect information such as IP addresses and online identifiers, which we collect from you and your device.
• Protected Classification Characteristics under California or federal legislation, such as your gender, date of birth / age and marital status, which you may optionally provide to us.
• Commercial Information, such as purchases you have made on our products or services, or products that you have considered, which we collect from you.
• Internet/Network Activity Information, such as your browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Websites, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction. We collect this information from you and your device.
• Geolocation Data, such as your GPS information if you have it turned on or location-related information which we collect directly from you and your device.
• Profession/Employment Information, which could include information you have provided to us as a job applicant or information you have provided on our products or services or which we have collected directly from you.
• Education Information, which may include student name, address, and other educational information which we collect directly from you.
• Financial Information, which may include payment card information or account information with a third party payments company (e.g. PayPal or Paymentech) or any other financial information which we collect directly from you. Please note that we will not be storing your payment information, which will be processed and stored by a third party payments company although we may store certain information like your billing address and the last 4 digits of your card number.
• Inferences, which may include other types of Personal Information used to deliver our products, including personalizing features and content and making suggestions for you, such as to make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that we believe may interest you. This information is created by us.
We may collect or receive Personal Information about you from publicly available sources, social network providers, marketing partners, and/or third parties. This may include:
• Social Network Information – We may receive information about you from third party services. For example, we receive certain information from Facebook when you use their service to login to our Websites.
• Demographic Information – This characteristic information could include information such as income, marital status, spending habits, and other information pertaining to customers.
II. How do we use Personal Information?
We may use the information we collect or receive about you for various purposes.
• To maintain, improve, and personalize our Website. We use the information we collect (i) to administer our Websites for internal operations including troubleshooting purposes; (ii) to ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices; (iii) as part of our effort to keep our Websites and the order process; (iv) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve and to deliver relevant advertising; and (v) to make suggestions and recommendations about our products or services that we believe may be of interest to our users.
• To communicate with you. We use your information to communicate with you. For example, we may send you text messages or other notifications about the status of your orders and deliveries. We may also contact you with promotional offerings or other communications that may be of interest to you. If we send you marketing emails about products or services that may interest you, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
• For account and network security purposes. We use the information we collect, such as your device information, activity information and other relevant information, to combat fraud, spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not gain access to your information.
• To maintain legal and regulatory compliance. We use the information we collect to fulfill our business obligations, ensure compliance with employment laws or as necessary to manage risk as required under applicable laws and regulations.
• For our business purposes. We may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information, or otherwise with your consent.
III. How is Personal Information shared?
We may share your information with third parties:
• when it is necessary to involve a third party service provider in order to provide our products or services;
• when explicitly requested by you (e.g. with social media networks);
• when required by a court order, law enforcement or other third parties in connection with legal requests or pursuant to any legal or regulatory requirement;
• to ensure the safety and security of our users, consumers and third parties;
• to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our guests and third parties;
• with your consent to fulfil the purposes communicated to you at the time of collection. We may request your consent to share your personal information with some third parties in other situations not listed above and, in this circumstance, we will only share your personal information with parties for whom you have provided your consent.
In the event that we or substantially all of our assets is purchased by or transferred to another company, some personal information may be an asset that is reviewed and transferred by or to a third party. This means that if a third party buys us, a corporate group member or its assets, then we may disclose information to that third party in connection with the sale. We will make clear to the relevant third party purchaser that it should only use personal information it receives from us for the purposes for which it was originally obtained.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits members of our community who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we may have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made once a year and are free of charge. If you would like to make a request pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, please do so in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
; please include the phrase “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message.
IV. How can you exercise your rights provided under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
• Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, or sell.
• Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected or maintain.
• Right to Non-Discrimination: You will not receive any discriminatory treatment for exercising any of these rights.
To exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion”, please contact us at email@example.com
Please note that to protect your personal information, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may alternatively designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf and may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity.
V. Contact for more information
If you have additional questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org